Requests for Expression of Interest
Economic Reform and Governance Project
Credit No.: 4011
Project ID No: ERGP/Consultancy/06/2011
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Economic Reform and Governance Project (ERGP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultancy services. Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS) is a component of ERGP.
The overall objective of GIFMIS is to implement a computerised financial management information system for the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), which is efficient, effective, and user friendly and which:
- >Increases the ability of FGN to undertake central control and monitoring of expenditure and receipts in the MDAs.
- Increases the ability to access information on financial and operational performance.
- Increases internal controls to prevent and detect potential and actual fraud.
- Increases the ability to access information on Government’s cash position and economic performance.
- Improves medium term planning through a Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF)
- Provides the ability to understand the costs of groups of activities and tasks.
- Increases the ability to demonstrate accountability and transparency to the public and cooperating partners.
During the project implementation phase, the Consultant is expected to:-
- Assess GIFMIS alignment with ongoing and planned PFM reform initiatives, clarity of project scope and business case, and functional effectiveness of Governance structures as well as Project risk assessment and mitigation measures.
- Review Implementation arrangements and team composition, training plans (executive, end-user, system administration and maintenance), PFM staff capability development and strategies for sustainability.
- Review the project plan including ICT architecture deployment and realism of implementation timetable, Change management plan, communication plan and arrangements for stakeholder involvement.
- Review implementation methodology and assess adherence to relevant standards – IMF-GFS/PEFA, IPSAS (cash-basis), Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (CobiT), project management body of knowledge (PMBoK)
- Assess political commitment, reward and sanction mechanism for effective use of GIFMIS
During Pre’go-live’ phase, the Consultant will undertake the following:
- Assess the effectiveness of end-user training, completeness and adequacy of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and confirm that the requirements of the FGN are not compromised and that the contractor has delivered all the deliverables to the required standard.
- Assess the efficiency and reliability of the new business processes at the central level (OAGF, BOF, and CBN) as well as the MDA and FPO level (where GIFMIS is to be implemented and where implementation is expected only in future phases) in supporting the intended PFM objectives.
- Review the new banking arrangements, including the Treasury Single Account (TSA) approach, security of electronic funds transfer (EFT), CBN common platform for inter-bank clearing/settlement, protocol for receipt of electronic bank statements for automated bank reconciliation and advise on ways of addressing any weakness identified.
- Review the System controls supporting the internal control environment (i.e. Access and security controls, segregation of duties, organization controls, arithmetic controls, personnel, authorization, management, and audit trails).
- Review the System support arrangements, backup and business continuity plans including but not limited to reliability of connectivity and power supply as well as the reliability of data replication Technology in use at the disaster recovery centre.
- Review the adequacy of system documentation including, Configuration manuals, User/procedure manuals, Chart of Accounts (CoA) manual, new input forms and vouchers among others.
- Review and establish the reliability of cut-off procedures, legacy data and import of transcripts from Accounting Transaction Recording and Reporting System (ATRRS), and protocols for different interfaces being implemented.
During post implementation review phase, the Consultant will undertake the following:
- Assessment of Management and sustainability arrangements:
- Review the Performance of the system against user requirements and assess the extent of utilisation of system outputs.
- Assess the effectiveness of management and oversight arrangements and the efficacy of the skills transfer programme put in place to ensure sustainability.
- Review the extent of Integration of records management standards and good practices, provisions for management of paper inputs to the system before and after input to enable the key process areas that generate financial records; provisions for long term preservation of electronic records and of systems documentation.
- Review cost of the implementation, realism of roll-out plans as well as sustainability strategy of GIFMIS beyond ERGP.
- Assessment of the Primary Data Centre and Disaster Recovery Centre. The Consultant will undertake the following:
- Determine the capability and capacity of the hardware and software and according to traffic load on the system.
- Identify issues and shortcomings with hardware, software and/or infrastructure.
- Identify the systems’ successes and challenges.
- Identify areas of improvement in the implementation of the ICT activities.
- Provide information and advice regarding the proposed future addition of end-users.
- Identify end-user load on the system for the present and for future, and provide advice in regard to improvements of hardware for the future.
- Make a determination as to whether the present system is capable of providing the requisite services for the Federal Government in view of the proposed addition of users to the system.
- Participate in Business continuity testing and advise on the necessary improvements to ensure adequate disaster recovery preparedness.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOIs)
The Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. The firm must demonstrate specific experience of not less than four completed, verifiable and successful quality assurance assignments for integrated financial management system projects for central governments. In addition, the firm should have been involved in PFM reforms for at least 10 years.
Firms will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines for consultancy May, 2004 revised in August, 2006.
Interested individuals may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (10.00 am to 4.00 p.m.) Monday through Friday (except public holidays).
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
The Expression of Interest should be delivered not later than 4.00 p.m. 3rd June, 2011 at the address shown below:
OAGF ERGP Project Office,
Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation,
5th Floor, Wing B, Room 5B 08
Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki, Abujatt